Our parent-toddler classes are a delightful opportunity for parent and child to be with other families for play, songs and nursery rhymes, a wholesome snack, puppet shows, seasonal celebrations, and handcrafts for parents. Children are nurtured by the joyful, rhythmical environment and parents will find support in community and, through observation and sharing, will deepen their own intuitive knowledge and discover new ways of being with their children.
Waldorf Early Childhood work is based on the ideas of Austrian Dr. Rudolf Steiner. The themes we will be working from are these:
- Young children learn through imitation.
- Rhythm in the home and school life helps the child feel secure and builds an inner self discipline.
- Children need the protection of the senses in the early years and deserve to be surrounded by goodness and beauty.
- Children’s play is their work and is an important part of their healthy development.
- Play connected to the seasons of the year as much as possible is wholesome for the young child and engenders a love of nature.
- Our children are our greatest teachers.
Mondays and/or Fridays from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Mondays, 12 weeks starting September 18 ($420)
- Fridays, 11 weeks starting September 15 ($385)
- Mondays, 9 weeks starting January 8 ($315)
- Fridays, 10 weeks starting January 10 ($350)
- Mondays, 8 weeks starting April 16 ($280)
- Fridays, 8 weeks starting April 20 ($280)
Space is limited so please call 253.383.8711 for availability. To enroll, please complete an application and a registration form. If you have attended prior classes, you do not need to fill out an application. Payment is due at time of registration.
For more information, please contact email@example.com